Sunday, September 2, 2018

Love is All You Need

Greater love has no one than this:
 to lay down one’s life for one’s friends
Sometimes people don't get me.  I bet they don't get you either, huh?  

And you know what?  That's okay.  Not everyone will.  In fact, if everyone did understand us, I'd be worried about us. 

It can be a little sad though, when we feel we have something of value to offer and some just do not and will not hear us.

I feel that way a lot.  I think some people see me as different than they are because I am a firearms instructor, when in fact, I'm not all that different.  


And because of my job I've met hundreds of people who just don't fit the image some have in their mind of a 'gun owner". 

The people I have met are people who go to church.  They are involved in non-profit organizations that assist those in need.  

They go out of their way to do kind things for others.   They support charity. They foster unwanted animals. They go on mission trips to impoverished nations.   They foster homeless children.  They do a thousand caring  things for others that no one ever hears about.  They are good people. 

Because what people do not "get" is that we do the "gun thing" because we love others.  We simply could not live with ourselves if the unthinkable occured and we were in a position to do nothing.  You "get" that, right?


Let all that you do be done with love."

1 Corinthians 16:14 New King James Version (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment