Monday, November 26, 2018

A Non-Typical Week

I was thinking about posting what a typical week looks like at our house, but then it occurred to me that we don't have too many typical weeks. 

 In fact, this week, is anything but typical.


This morning I woke up around 5:30 and snuggled with the dogs a bit before climbing out from under the covers.  Once up, I showered and let my hair dry as I worked on multiple marketing email campaigns for 88 Tactical, did some Facebook work for the church, for 88 Tactical, and for TWAW.  That took most of the morning, then it was on to doing a bit more decorating for Christmas. 

Next Thursday our TWAW chapter is having a Christmas party at my house so I want it to look like I made an attempt.  Besides, I just LOVE Christmas!  Don't you?   The season just feels ... different.  We're a bit more focused on giving.  We're thinking about family and friends, the folks who are truly important to us.  There is music that brings back memories of days gone by, and then of course, there is food! 

Sorry, I got a little distracted there.  Christmas does that to me.  


Next up today I will go to work and do some office work, check class numbers, print flyers, and then teach an Intro to Handgun class. 

Tomorrow morning I head back to the dentist for the second part of the dental procedure to do an implant.  Earlier this year I was eating a piece of beef jerky and broke my tooth off below the gum-line... so... i now have several months of procedures to get through before I have a tooth again.  I'm actually knida looking forward to laying on the couch for a couple of days and doing nothing at all though..  Is it bad when you look forward to having a piece of metal screwed into your jawbone just so you can chill for a while?  I'm thinking that's probably bad.  


Speaking of different, Wednesday will be truly different.  Brian has served as the Associate Pastor of our church for 32 years.  Wednesday evening the congregation will be voting on whether to accept him as the Senior Pastor and Dennis as the Associate Pastor....or not.  I'm sure it will all go in our favor - I mean if they don't know us and trust us by now then I'm not sure what to think.  It can still be a little bit ... different... when you know people are voting on whether to keep you around or not though.  I've contemplated whether I should start organizing all the stuff around here just in case we have to pack up and move. 


Friday night we have the basketball game of a very special 5 year old to attend.  I can't even tell you how much fun that is, and how impressed I am that these little ones are as good as they are.  Gosh, when I was quite a bit older, in middle school, I attempted to dribble a basketball down the court in gym class. It would have gone well I'm sure except that i stepped on the ball, twisted my knee and looked like a complete dork in front of my classmates. 

Assuming all goes in our favor Wednesday night, there will be an Instillation Service on Sunday morning.  THAT will be really different.  Brian has been in ministry for nearly 40 years, has served in 4 churches as either Associate Pastor or Senior Pastor and we have never had an Instillation Service before.  Now that is definitely different. 

I hope your week is a good one!  

No comments:

Post a Comment