Friday, November 30, 2018

A Typical Week

As I said in my earlier post, we seldom have a "typical week" around here.  In ministry, plans can change on a dime so things are always a bit chaotic.  We try to harness that chaos as much as we reasonably can.  Here is what's going on at the moment.

Brian always gets up EARLY (I usually do as well) and spends time in his study.  I spend that time getting my thoughts together and drinking LOTS of coffee, which always me to do that a bit easier. 

Today I'm planning for next week.  The key to our crazy lives is to get ahead as much as we can, and that means planning and organizing.  It typically gets unorganized before its all said and done but I like to think we're a bit ahead of the game if we at least have a plan.


Today I want to go get the grocery shopping done because tomorrow I have a full day of getting rid of the gray in my hair (insert winky face) fixing dinner (biscuits and gravy), and then its the first presentation of the church Christmas musical.  Once I get back from the grocery store I have the remainder of paperwork on my desk to get finished up.  That involves taking the sign-in sheets from our classes and adding that information to the student database and into our email list.  Its time consuming and reading people's writing makes it more so. 

Sunday morning is the Installation Service for the new pastors. I think that's us!    The congregation voted Wednesday evening and frankly I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all.  I fully expected the vote to be in favor of Brian and Dennis, but I did not expect the HUGE number of people who came out to vote.  Driving up the hill to the church I actually had to wait as cars were backed up a bit waiting to turn into the parking lot.  The parking lot of full and there was a Sunday morning crowd there with a line of people waiting to sign in to vote.  That show of support has truly left me in shock and I know both Brian and I are so very appreciative. 

Sunday all of our family will be there.  I wonder if that platform is big enough for all of our crew and all of Dennis and Connie's crew?  That's a lot of people! 

Sunday evening is the second presentation of the Christmas musical at church.  Now it has been our tradition since the boys were little to come home after church and eat frozen pizza.  I think we did that back then because we had two growing (and hungry) boys to feed on a very tight budget.  We would get home and be starving and frozen pizza was both cheap and fast.  After a long day at church, that just seemed to fit the bill.  Today we can afford better but there's just something about it that seems right so we still do frozen pizza on Sunday night.  Come to think of it, that might be the only predictable thing about our weeks.

Normally I go to the grocery store on Monday but this Monday I will be baking 25 dozen cookies.  That's right TWENTY-FIVE DOZEN!  Those will be little take away gifts for the ladies in our TWAW chapter at our party later in the week. 

Tuesday I will probably still be baking cookies and then Wednesday I will go teach an Intro to Handgun class. I'll go in early to do any office work that needs doing before class.  Wednesday will be an "dinner in the truck" night and a "get stuff done" day in the office.

And Thursday there will be about 25 women here for a party!  In December our TWAW chapter does not meet and shoot, we meet and eat, and talk, and hang out with each other.  TWAW is truly a sisterhood and we need that time to chill with each other as much as we need the training and education piece.  Just to make things interesting I also have an appointment with the oral surgeon on Thursday to make sure I'm healing well.  


As I'm typing this I am also on a group text with the guys at work to organize a Meet The Instructor night - and to remind them to get the January/Feb. schedule out. 

I'm also getting emails that will need answering before the day is over.

And I got texts from Brian (he left a few hours ago to do hospital visits and run by the church office).  We have added to our security team at church and have a meeting set up a meeting for the security team to meet and look at some changes that will be coming. 

So that's about it.  Between family, church, work and volunteer activities, we keep running. 

Speaking of which .... I'll see ya later!  

No comments:

Post a Comment