Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Do You Remember?

Growing up my mom and dad always made the most amazing candy at Christmastime.  There were pecan logs, chocolate fudge with walnuts, peanut butter fudge, divinity, Mexican wedding cakes, and peanut brittle.  It was an event each year that i remember well.  I even remember the pink mixing bowl that she would mix the fudge in and the big spoon with the pink handle that she used to stir the heavenly mixture.  I remember licking the bowl and the spoon as I waited for that first bite.  


It was a tradition carried on when my own kids were growing up.  It just didn't feel like Christmas if we didn't have the homemade candy that had been a part of every Christmas I could remember. 

Its hard for me to pick a favorite.  It would have to be a toss up between the pecan logs and the fudge.  Hey, I bet you could use fudge to make pecan logs!   Now there''s a thought!

Did your family have a favorite Christmas candy tradition?  Do you still carry it on? 

Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment