Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Things Worth The Money: Keens

A few years ago I was suffering some wicked plantar fasciitis, which, if you have experienced it, is just awful.  I tend to describe it as walking on shards of glass.  Being famously stubborn, I put off going to the doctor until it was bad.  Really bad.  Long boring story short - I did everything the doctor recommended and went through all of the treatment recommendations outside of surgery ... and ... nothing.  It still hurt every time I took a step.

I don't tell you this for sympathy.  I tell you this because I found something that worked like nothing else did!  Shoes!!  GOOD shoes! 

Now I'm sure there are many other options out there that would also be amazing, but this is my story and so I'm going to tell you about my shoes. 

The first pair I bought were Keens H2O Newport.  They were SOOO comfortable and made walking pleasurable again.  I wore them until they looked like something the cat had dragged in.  I still wear them. I shouldn't, but I do because they are just so comfortable.  And besides, they're dark blue so who's gong to notice how worn out they are, right? 







I have since bought other Keen Shoes.  A few more.  The Targhee are great but my favorites are the Voyager.  I have bought two pairs of those.  Again I wore the first pair mostly out and then Cooper finished them off. 














A pair of Keens will run you around $100 (more or less depending on where you find them).   And they are worth every single penny!   


Imagine how excited I was to find these H20s made of hemp!  











No comments:

Post a Comment