Saturday, August 4, 2018

Small Business Spotlight: Liberty Western


For this small business spotlight I will take you to the historic small town of Lebanon, Ohio to the Liberty Western shop.  

Upon entering the store you will find rooms filled to the brim with everything for the western lover.  

Even if you don't have a horse, you will find  browsing the tack room a pleasure. Saddles, bits and spurs, grooming supplies,, and that wonderful smell of leather all fill the space and take me back to my childhood to my uncle's place whee I grew up loving horses


There is a room for kid's stuff too. Toys, clothes, and the most adorable little boots!  


And then there are cowboy hats!   Shelves full of 'em. I really just wanted to try them all on for fun but I'm a grown up and grown ups aren't supposed to do things like that. 







But the real attraction for me were the boots!  


There's just something about walking into a room and seeing dozens of boots lining the walls. 

 You gotta admit, its a thing of beauty. 






Speaking of beauty, I put in an order for these Lucchese boots!  
They name - Amberlyn. When you find a boot with the same name as you, its a sign that you have to buy them, right?  They are also made it El Paso,TX where my dad was stationed in the Army.  Another sign!      



And after you have taken in all that Liberty Western has to offer, I suggest you take a stroll around downtown Lebanon and enjoy all of the unique shops.  If you're looking for a great dinner, the Golden Lamb is right there on the main drag.  The Golden Lamb is Ohio's oldest hotel and has been visited by twelve U.S. Presidents.  Such notable people as Charles Dickens, Mark Twain, Harriet Beecher Stowe,and Daniel Webster have also visited the location.  Just knowing that makes you want to go see it, doesn't it.  


The restaurant is amazing and the perfect setting for a romantic dinner.  

If a burger is more you're style, I highly recommend the Black Horse Tavern just behind the Golden Lamb.  One of the best burgers I've ever had, and I'll be back for more in the future. 

I am not employed by or compensated in any way by Liberty Wester, The Golden Lamb, or the Black Horse Tavern. I just like to let you know when I find something that is worth the time to check out.  





1 comment: